Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekend Easy Recipes


Weekend.  Ah, how I love the sound of it, as weekend for me means ... 
~ family ~
And what could be the perfect time to create something delightful in the kitchen with the kids if not the weekend?

In this post, I would like to share (if this was Twitter, 'retweet') some recipes from one of my favorite blogs called 'Somewhat Simple' (written by a super creative mom - Stephanie) - on her wonderful meringue cookie recipe that is soooo easy to make.  

It was supposed to be a topping for a 'Sweetheart Cupcake', but  I've decided to highlight her meringue recipe for now - besides, who can resist their pretty pink color?! :)

Quote



{Meringue Cookies}
Ingredients:
3 Egg Whites
1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
3/4 cup Baker's Sugar
Food Coloring & Flavoring are optional
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2.  In a large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
3.  Add Cream of Tartar, beat on high and gradually add sugar, mixing until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes.
4.  Place your meringue mixture into a large pastry bag fitted with your favorite decorating tip, I used a large French tip.
5. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non stick baking mat, pipe large meringue swirls about 1.5 inches in diameter and 2 inches apart.
6.  Bake meringues for 3 hours or until meringues are completely dry and crunchy on the outside.
UnQuote

Delightful! Hit all the right spot, I'd say.
Other knock 'em dead recipes on that same page: 



and the mouthwatering 


this is how it looks after spending some time in the oven
mmmmmm .. I swear I could smell them now :)


super yummy!

I can't wait to shop for some ingredients and try them out.

If you're interested to try these recipes,
why not visit Stephanie at 'Somewhat Simple' and give them a try? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment